Lets start with a discussion to figure out Angular.JS Vs React.JS Vs Vue.JS. We will delve into the pros and cons for each of these frameworks.
Which Framework to Choose for Web Development in 2018?
As you can get an idea of points included from the image above, lets discuss them more in detail.Angular was the first framework introduced in the world of web development in 2010. Since then, the synchronization of data have made it easy between the model view and the components. Angular5 is the latest version that is used widely. It was launched by Google and have an external community for support. It also has an extended HTML library for further assistance. One significant feature includes MVVM(Model-View-ViewModel) architecture – that allows the developers to work on the same set of data separately on a different app section. To understand further, let me just list down some pros and cons for Angular.JS –
- The compilation speed is higher than other frameworks.
- Detailed documentation and easy user interface which makes it convenient to work with. This allows the developer to acquire knowledge on their own.
- The MVVM(Model-View-ViewModel) architecture that enables the developer to use the same set of data for writing the code for an app section.
- Two-way data binding process that automatically minimizes the possibility of errors.
- Ease of testing applications, applicable more for the modules.
- The syntax is quite complicated to understand and operate, specially for the novice users.
- The migration from older to the new version results in many issues.
- Everything in Angular has dependencies and this poses a problem for the developers, as they are unable to remove a block of code.
Now to note some pros and cons for React.JS which are listed as:
- One amazing feature is Virtual DOM(Document Object Model) for its components. It is capable of calculating the changes to be incorporated – well in advance, in the Virtual DOM, by updation of the DOM tree accordingly. This leads to higher performance as well as higher flexibility and reduces the cost of DOM operations.
- The syntax used is easy and simple to understand even for the new users.
- It follows downwards data binding, that is the parent components remains unaffected during the data flow.
- The data on the user side can be easily represented on the server side simultaneously which shows how light-weighted platform it is.
- Unlike Angular.JS one can easily migrate between different versions.
- It lacks the creation of a proper documentation which makes it a chaos at time thus leading to a less systematic approach.
- React.JS gives too many choices to the developers which create a fuss for them too make decisions.
- The developers take awe fully longer time for acquiring the skills on React.JS, as it requires the knowledge to integrate the interface with the MVC (Model-view-Controller)framework.
- It requires very high memory (RAM) for operation.
This is the latest of all and was launched in 2013. With advancement, it offers sophisticated and modern single-page applications. It is gaining popularity because of its scalability and also the easy coding that it provides. Though it is less used compared to the other two, but still lets discuss the pros and cons it offers:
- The easy coding leads to better maintainability of code which in turn reduces the bugs produced.
- A detailed and circumstantial documentation that facilitates the learning curve for developers. This way it saves a considerable time of the developers
- The setup is very easy and is faster than any other framework.
- The integration of Vue.JS is amazing as any small interactive part can enter the existing infrastructure without causing any trouble or changes. It is useful for building difficult web interfaces of apps as well as SPAs.
- It is very flexible and fast due to the tiny weight of around 20KB which is much less than other frameworks.
- It is adaptable in nature – enabling faster switching period from one framework to another.
- Being new to the market, it holds a pretty less market share compared to React.JS and Angular.JS.
- Sometimes over flexibility can put you in trouble as there are not much ways discovered to solve the issues.
- Vue.JS has a bit of Chinese background still which makes it difficult to understand the elements and descriptions.
- Integration issues may arise for larger projects.
To get it all together for a better comparison, lets have a look at the below tabulated form :
[table id=5 /]
If your development team is searching for a framework that offers the best possible learning curve, then the option is obviously Vue.JS. However, React.JS uses minimum abstractions but it takes longer time to acquire the best practices. Angular.JS on the other hand comprises of a huge library and needs mastery in acquiring knowledge on MVC, typescript etc.
Moreover, if scalability is the issue with the developers then Vue is not at all a good choice, as it lacks in best scaling practices – thereby generating spaghetti code. It is Angular that offers an easy-to-scale option, as it comes with a powerful Command Line Interface (CLI). React tends to be a better choice – compared to Vue.
Furthermore, if we talk about the most latest of all i.e., Vue.JS, you can go for it if you are new to this field and have less prior experience because it offers a very detailed and simple documentation to understand. Also, it is the fastest of all so if you want quick results then you should definitely choose Vue.JS.
Finally, as mobiles are gaining popularity all over the world, Angular has higher loading time and causes performance related issues on mobiles. Vue can be easily set up and requires no changes or syntax. It is this quality that has endeared Vue among the developers.
With this we may conclude the post. I hope we were successful in solving your queries and questions regarding the topic and now it might be easy for you to make the right choice. So, next time when you get any plan of web development, just go through our post where we have listed all the pros and cons and with a comparative guide, we made it quite simpler and precise for our readers.
If you feel like you have any other valid point that should be included here, you may feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. And in case of any queries and doubts feel free to discuss in the comment section below. For more of such useful topics and post, stay tuned with our blog. Keep Reading!